WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES
UPDATE(September 2, 2017): Blue Whale game has claimed one more life. This time of a 21-year old MBA student from Assam in Puducherry hanged himself in his hostel room. He had a blue whale profile picture on Facebook and is also reported to have invited friends to play the deadly game.The hostel friends also said that since the past few days, he was always into his phone and didn’t speak to anyone much.
Blue Whale game has taken over 100 teen lives till now since it was launched in Russia in 2013. In India, it has claimed 5 lives. The game identifies the vulnerable children/teen, make them listen to depressing songs, give them tasks (a total of 50 tasks ) to isolate themselves and in the final act, ask them to commit suicide or to see some one close to die.
A lot of teens have been playing this game and it has not ended well for over a 100 of them. After recent death of Vignesh in Madurai, who committed suicide by hanging himself from the fan, it’s important that you should be aware of the game and its symptom to stop any tragedy.
— Sriram (@sriraam_v) August 23, 2017
The game was started by a Russian man Philipp Budeikin, who is now facing prison time for manipulating teen into taking their lives. According to him, he is ‘cleansing the societ’ and that his victims were ‘biological waste’.
Victims of Blue Whale Game in India
1. Manpreet Singh Sahni, Mumbai
Manpreet was 14 years old, who jumped off the terrace of the Andheri building in which he stayed. Manpreet had gone up to the sixth floor terrace of the building in Sher-e-Punjab society in Andheri (E) around 5.30pm and clambered up the parapet of the side wall. Residents from other buildings shouted out warnings to be careful, but he jumped before they could do anything.
2. Parth Singh, Uttar Pradesh
Parth Singh, 13, was found hanging in his bedroom in Maudaha village. Parth had been playing Blue Whale game from the past few days. When he was asked not to play, he started using his father’s mobile phone when he was not around or sleeping.
3. Vignesh Singh, Madurai
Vignesh Singh, 19 years old was found hanging in his room by his father. He was part of a watsapp group which gave the challenges. There are 75 other members on the group, police said. The police also found the telling image of a whale carved into Vignesh’s left arm with “Blue Whale” written below it.
If you have any teen around you, you can keep a check on them by know the 50 tasks in the Blue Whale Challenge. Please note, the game is played through a watsapp group.
Here are the 50 tasks
1. Carve with a razor “f57” on your hand, send a photo to the curator.
2. Wake up at 4.20 a.m. and watch psychedelic and scary videos that curator sends you.
3. Cut your arm with a razor along your veins, but not too deep, only 3 cuts, send a photo to the curator.
4. Draw a whale on a sheet of paper, send a photo to curator.
5. If you are ready to “become a whale”, carve “YES” on your leg. If not, cut yourself many times (punish yourself).
6. Task with a cipher.
7. Carve “f40” on your hand, send a photo to curator.
8. Type “#i_am_whale” in your VKontakte status.
9. You have to overcome your fear.
10. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to a roof (the higher the better)
11. Carve a whale on your hand with a razor, send a photo to curator.
12. Watch psychedelic and horror videos all day.
13. Listen to music that “they” (curators) send you.
14. Cut your lip.
15. Poke your hand with a needle many times
16. Do something painful to yourself, make yourself sick.
17. Go to the highest roof you can find, stand on the edge for some time.
18. Go to a bridge, stand on the edge.
19. Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
20. The curator checks if you are trustworthy.
21. Have a talk “with a whale” (with another player like you or with a curator) in Skype.
22. Go to a roof and sit on the edge with your legs dangling.
23. Another task with a cipher.
24. Secret task.
25. Have a meeting with a “whale.”
26. The curator tells you the date of your death and you have to accept it.
27. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to rails (visit any railroad that you can find).
28. Don’t talk to anyone all day.
29. Make a vow that “you’re a whale.”
30-49. Everyday you wake up at 4:20am, watch horror videos, listen to music that “they”send you, make 1 cut on your body per day, talk “to a whale.”
50. Jump off a high building. Take your life.
If you see any of the above mentioned signs in a person that means he/she is in danger. Please bring it to the notice of others and share this with the concerned persons